Why to choose Commerce Stream?
All you need to know why Commerce Stream is in demand today
Class 10this a crucial stage in students life as after the board exams that you need to decide your future Career path which starts with deciding the streams you should select. If you are puzzled in deciding on the right choice after 10th, this article is for you. What to do after 10th is often the first key decision that you take in life.
Career planning is a very important factor for the future that most students and their parents tend to neglect. Especially, Indian students are worst hit by this unfortunate phenomenon for several reasons. Consequently, they are unable to get a dream career and fulfill life goals.
The term ‘career’ can be found in the following words. Career means the progress and actions taken by a person throughout their life. It relates to the profession that a person practices for a major part of their life, including the positions they hold, the success they achieve and the resulting social status.It is clear that progress, action, profession, position, success and status are important elements of any career.
To make the right choice you must be clear about your future goals or have the necessary assistance. Commerce is most popular Career option nowadays. If you love numbers, you are interested in business and economics then commerce is the best option for you. The stream has promising and handsomely paying professions like Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Accountants, Investment Banking and Financial Advisors.
What is Commerce?
Commerce as a stream of education can be defined as a study of trade and business activities such as the exchange of goods and services from producer to final consumer. The main subjects that are taught in the Commerce stream in Class 11 and 12 include Economics, Accountancy, Organization of Commerce and Management, Secretarial Practice, Maths, Languages (English, Hindi, Marathi), Information Technology. Choose this field if you have a genuine interest in these subjects and have an affinity for numbers, the economy and business
- Commerce offers a wider variety of Career options such as Chartered Accountants (CA), Company Secretary (CS),Master of Business Administration (MBA), LLB, Cost and Management Accountant (CMA), Bachelor of Banking & Insurance (BBI), Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF), Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com)etc.
- You acquire commercial knowledge which is very important for the business.
- Commerce as a subject is gaining popularity in India and many students are studying and making a living out of it.
Commerce is a well-structured course to start your career plan with. Completing your 11th-12th in Commerce after your higher secondary class ten board examinations will open up possibilities for you to select your option of a career plan.
Must Have Skills for Career in Commerce after Class 10
- A student planning to take up Commerce should have an analytical bent of mind
- You must have good communication skills
- You must be good with negotiations
- May be some of you have good bargaining skills
- You must have an aptitude for numbers
- You must be keenly interested in brands and business trends
- Leadership skills should have been at the top of the list
If this describes you, then by all means, Commerce is just the right stream for you.
Mrs. Jui Gaikar
Assistant Teacher – Economics